Flu season hit Nashville late this year and is currently in full force. I got it BAD a few weeks ago and was knocked down for awhile. I have not been that sick in forever. It has taken me almost two full weeks to recover. I discovered this recipe a few months ago and decided to try to concoct one myself when I was sick. The key ingredient is Turmeric.
Turmeric has many health benefits including reducing inflammation and fighting cancer cells. It has been used in many cultures as a go to in treating ailments such as a cold, skin issues and arthritis. To learn more about it's benefits click here.
- 2 cups of almond milk or coconut milk. (I used almond milk)
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ginger powder
- A pinch of pepper (the pepper supports in aiding the body to digest the turmeric)
- Honey or stevia to taste
- Pour the milk and spices into a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer and stir often to make sure the spices mix well.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes. Taste after this time and if it is bitter continue to cook it a bit longer.
- Pour into a mug or glass and ENJOY!